The Intex Explorer K2 Kayak is all the rage right now. Kayaking enthusiasts can’t help but marvel over all the outstanding features that this inflatable kayak has to offer. These kayaks have a sleek design and are built with durability in mind from Intex. The price of the Intex Explorer K2 won’t burn a hole in your pocket either, making it one of our our top picks for 2021.
Kayaking is one of the most relaxing and rewarding outdoor activities. If you are an outdoor enthusiast or new to exploring the outdoors, kayaking is a lifelong sport for all. Both experienced kayakers and newcomers love the Intex Explorer K2 for its durability, convenience, and comfortable design. Read on to know why people are leaving overwhelmingly positive reviews for this product.
Intex Explorer K2 Product Specifications
This tandem kayak from Intex comes equipped with many different specifications you should know.
- Capacity: This kayak supports two people comfortably (and even small/medium dogs). Maximum weight is 400 pounds.
- Dimensions: The length of this kayak is 10 ft 2 inches, and its width is 3ft.
- Material: PVC; Rugged vinyl building.
- Visibility: If an emergency arises, the product’s bright yellow color can be of great help.
- Usage: This kayak is perfect for lakes, ponds, rivers, or even ocean bays.
- Certification: The Intex Explorer K2 has been certified safe for use by the U.S. Coast Guard. The USCG ID warrants safety.
In Stock at Amazon from $155
Intex Explorer K2 Product: Features
Let’s take a look at some of the fantastic features of this product.
- Strong Exterior – This kayak is super durable and holds up very well against rocks, tree branches, and other debris. The material also handles heat super well. I live in Arizona and my Intex Explorer has lasted 3 solid summers with 100 degree heat and still counting.
- External Features – This product comes in a bright yellow color that can actually be pretty helpful in case of emergencies. The sporty graphics also add a nice flair to the whole outlook of this kayak. The inflatable seat comes with a backrest and can be easily adjusted to ensure maximum comfort.
- Affordable – Its affordable price point gives this inflatable kayak an edge over other kayaks in the market. If you have little to no experience in kayaking but are dying to start, the Intex Explorer K2 is perfect for you.
This kayak is perfect for both new kayakers and experienced kayakers and can help you create memories of a lifetime out on the water. From fishing to cruising around for a workout or for fun, the Intex Explorer meets every need for a kayaking adventure.
- Essential Accessories – When you buy this kayak, a bunch of other accessories come with it as well. There are two aluminum paddles, one transport bag, an inflatable I-Beam floor, one repair patch kit, a quick-fill Boston Valve, and a pump. The aluminum oars are 86 inches in length each. The inflatable I-beam floor is rigid and warrants stability. You can use the air pump to blow up the kayak in a few minutes.
- Easy to Control – As mentioned earlier, the Intex Explorer K2 is the perfect product for people who are new to kayaking. 2 people can get aboard without any difficulty, and if you have a calm dog, they can pretty easily join aboard too. The removable SKEG on this kayak offers directional stability.
- Safety Features – The kayak is multilayers and has been equipped with great attributes that guarantee a safe trip. There are three air chambers on this kayak, one at the bottom and the other two are on both sides. If the first layer of the kayak falls prey to any rocks or debris, you can trust the two additional strong layers to keep stabilized. The USCG ID on the kayak warrants proof of watercraft safety from the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Easy to Carry Around – This small and sturdy product won’t take up much space to store. Store it in your closet or in your garage with ease. It only takes up a couple feet of space when it’s deflated and stowed away for the next trip.
Kayaking is a great hobby. It gets your adrenaline rushing and brings you closer to nature. Studies have even shown kayaking can also relieve stress, among other health benefits. You’ll find yourself wanting to get out there again and again every chance you get.
The lightweight, inflatable kayak from Intex is easily the best the company has to offer. It is very sturdy, easy to handle, and can be carried and transported without any hassle. It’ll easily fit in the back of your car, and honestly you could probably even put it in a large backpack and haul it on a bike.
Compared to other kayaks on the market, especially inflatable kayaks, you won’t find a more affordable tandem kayak that is trustworthy, durable, and simply as awesome as the Intex Explorer K2. A close second would be the Sea Eagle 370.
We’d love to know your thoughts. Grab yours online today.
In Stock at Amazon from $155
See our full list of kayaks under $500
Jeremy Alderman is an outdoor enthusiast in Scottsdale, Arizona. He writes on all things camping, hiking, outdoor sports, and travel. His weekends are often filled exploring the desert with his wife Madison and their 3-year-old German Shepherd rescue, Grace. His favorite spot in all of North America is the Oregon Coast.